Interested in getting involved? Below are a very few of the many wonderful organizations that are working to alleviate poverty in our world. If you know of another organization that you know is doing a good job toward this end, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will add it to the list. Meanwhile, you can visit the following sites for more information on how to help in the healing of hunger and poverty.
- Bread for the World – Bread for the World provides frequently updated news about poverty all over the world. Subscribe to the newsletter to receive information about contacting politicians in your area or check the site regularly for up-to-date news on international poverty.
- ONE Campaign – ONE is an advocacy group for hunger aid and awareness committed to increasing government funding to fight poverty and disease universally. ONE’s website has a blog covering the most pressing stories in hunger awareness and a hot topics section highlighting policy news and the progress of ONE members all over the world.
Relief and Development:
- Church World Service – Want to start a CROP Walk? Blankets+, kits ranging from school supplies to medical supplies, and other donation and news resources are available at the CWS website.
- Food Donation Connection – Food Donation Connection gives the opportunity to make use of extra food by connecting food service donors with local hunger relief agencies.
- Oxfam – The collaborative effort of 13 organizations that want poverty to be a thing of the past, Oxfam has made it their goal to give people the opportunity to change circumstances and lives across the United States.
- World Hunger Relief, Inc. – Working with interns and farmers from all over the world, the World Hunger Relief Training Farm in Elm Mott, TX, strives to alleviate hunger through educating communities and encouraging them to support themselves through sustainable, easy-to-grow crops.