Speaking of Hunger: Sermons of Challenge and Hope
Volume II of Speaking of Hunger is in the works.
Let us know if you have or have heard a sermon on hunger that could be useful to this collection.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
This collection of sermons is sponsored by the Alliance of Baptists (Alliance) and produced by Seeds of Hope. For a number of years, Christian leaders in the anti-hunger movement have been calling for a cache of sermons about hunger. This year the Alliance has enabled Seeds to pull together this collection.
View individual sermons:
- Introduction: Preaching on Poverty and Hunger — by Raymond Bailey
- More than all you can ask for or imagine — by Joy Jordan-Lake
- Counting calories in a starving world — by Brett Younger
- Knowing Jesus in the Breaking of the Bread — by Clyde Tilley
- What It Means to Worship — by Ashlee Wiest-Laird
- The Eating Habits of Jesus — by Richard Groves
- Storing Grain and Starving People — by Brett Younger
- Do the Right Thing — by Raymond Bailey
- What! Does the Lord Require? — by Larry Bethune
- At Ease in Zion? What it Means to Be God’s People — by Lynn Tatum