Worship & Education – Creative worship tools for your church
Action – Want to get involved? Here you can find ways to help locally and globally
Hunger Bytes – Read some of our past posts about hunger & poverty
Hunger Statistics – Current statistics about hunger, updated each year.
Where Are People Hungry? – Find out where people are hungry and why.
- Hunger Awareness IQ Quiz– Take this quiz to find out what you don’t already know about poverty. To view as a pdf (which includes the answers), click here: Test Your Hunger IQ.
- Hunger and Poverty Around the World — A 2013 compilation of facts and statistics regarding hunger and poverty around the world. (View as PDF)
- Before you finish eating breakfast this morning… — “Placemat” poster illustrates our interdependency with the rest of the world by pointing out how products we use every day come from parts of the world where poverty is a persistent problem. (View as PDF)
- I See All of this on TV, but I Don’t know what to do… — In this short essay Susan Hansen muses about maintaining hope in the face of urgent and on-going need. (View in plain text)
- The ABC’s of Responding to Hunger — The editors of Seeds of Hope offer a practical structure for responding to the the Biblical mandate to care for the poor and helpless. (View as PDF)
- Responding to Hunger in God’s World: Seven Steps for Churches — Seven practical steps churches can take to get more involved with the healing of hunger and poverty. (View as PDF)
- Engaging Congregations in Achieving the Millennium Development Goals — Developed by Jon Singletary Director of the Center for Community and Family Ministry at Baylor University’s School of Social Work, explains the MDG’s in general and includes links to specific resources for introducing the MDGs in churches. (View as Powerpoint)
- ChristStyle – This essay is a discussion of eight elements in the lifestyle of Jesus Christ, conceived by Dan McGee a number of years ago. He and Katie Cook wrote about this interpretation of a Christ-ordained lifestyle in a series called ChristStyle in the “Taproot” department of Seeds Magazine. The two have also presented these ideas in various retreat and seminar settings. The “eight deadly virtues,” as one church group dubbed them, are taken from Matthew 5: 1-16, with particular attention to the Beatitudes.